Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ikea Hack Desk

If you saw yesterdays post, then you saw my makeover on this desk

I was trying to decide between an older desk and this desk, and I came to the conclusion that I could just have 2 desks.





VIKA AMON Table top, white Length: 39 3/8 " Width: 23 5/8 " Thickness: 1 3/8 " Max. load: 110 lb 4 oz  Length: 100 cm Width: 60 cm Thickness: 3.4 cm Max. load: 50 kg




VIKA MOLIDEN Underframe, nickel plated Width: 24 3/8 " Height: 27 1/2 " Max. load: 110 lb  Width: 62 cm Height: 70 cm Max. load: 50 kg

 I really like this table, but when bought together its $189. Also I really wanted a white top, this silver felt too cold to me.

VIKA HYTTAN/VIKA MOLIDEN Table, stainless steel, nickel plated Length: 59 " Width: 29 1/2 "  Length: 150 cm Width: 75 cm

And for some reason, you cant buy this with a white top. And that's really what I wanted. Maybe you can? But I've searched for pictures online, searched ikeas website and the actual store. I don't think the combo exists.  The width of the table and the width of the legs don't make them compatible

VIKA AMON/VIKA MOLIDEN Table, black-brown Width: 59 " Depth: 29 1/2 " Height: 28 3/8 "  Width: 150 cm Depth: 75 cm Height: 72 cm

So I bought them anyway. Am I like a rebel when it comes to design?


Since the leg width is too wide to put under the table on a straight line, I decided to improvise by putting them on an angle



I think it looks pretty cool, and it was the only way to get the white table with the silver legs. Obviously I'm not done decorating this area, I haven't even started. My daughter must have been there when I was taking these picture because this is her beloved monkey.


My favorite part about the table is that the table top is a really nice size space to work, and I like that even though it was bought from ikea, this is not how its sold so its more unique. That being said I still like it better the other way, but since they don't offer a white top that fits, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.


I also think these 2 make a really nice pairing. I think they are special together being in the same room. I really like the mix of vintage & modern, and the unexpected paired together.


So that's it. 2 desks 1 room. I am so excited. And I cant wait to share the rest with you all. So far this room lacks personality, but that will change with tomorrows post .




7 comments:

  1. i like your spin on it with the angled legs! gives it a different less boxy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looks less "ikea like" with the legs on an angle! I like the white and silver combo better too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much love the grey chair with your white and silver legged table! I agree the angle is a great solution!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it better on an angle. You always think outside of the box. Terrific solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much. I really like how it looks bigger when its not on an angle, but I think thats also because those table tops are bigger. And thank you, I really try to think outside the box and be creative about things, so I appreciate that mr or mrs anonymous = ) Have a fabulous night!

      Delete
  5. What color did you use to paint that chair? Also what type of paint did you use? Any info would be great, nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.